Friday, September 13, 2013

Entrepreneurship: Q&A with Kevin O'Leary of Shark Tank

What is the best investment you have made to date on Shark Tank ?
Talbott Teas. Those guys understood that it's all about the money - grow fast, get distribution and get out. No wonder they got acquired by a major public company less than 6 months after they came into the Tank. Now they're rich, and I got a great return on my investment. 

Have there been any deals that you had wish that you made in hindsight? 
Never. If I'm out of a deal I never, ever look back. They're dead to me. 

Any service/product that you wish you had invented yourself?
I don't get emotionally invested in any one product or another. It's all about the money! That's all I care about. And I think that's an important lesson for entrepreneurs everywhere, too: don't be emotional about your business. Focus on what matters: your bottom line. 

Is there anything that has surprised you over the season in terms of the pitches?
Every day in the Tank brings new surprises! It's part of what makes Shark Tank so unique and so resonant - because it celebrates American business entrepreneurs - and they are always full of surprises. 

Is it possible that someone can have a great idea, but fail in the tank because they can't pitch?
I see it all the time. People come in and they aren't prepared enough, or they don't know a key number or they aren't good communicators. 

What's your best advice on how to pitch?
Know your numbers. And if you aren't good with numbers, bring someone who is! 

Do you have to be memorable to make a good pitch?
Yes! And if you show me clear how I can make money, I'll remember! 

What's the most important lesson an entrepreneur can learn by watching what goes down in the Tank?
It's all about the money, all the time! 

What's been the most memorable part of being on the show for you?
The chance to invest in these great companies. What can I say? I'm in it for the money!



Thank you,

Kyle Phoenix
Email: kylephoenixshow@gmail.com
Amazon.com: Full Catalog of Kyle Phoenix books, just type in Kyle Phoenix
Website: http://kylephoenixsite.com/
Blog: http://kylephoenixshow.blogspot.com/2012

Thanks and enjoy! You can Like Us on FaceBook or Follow Us on Twitter! Don't forget to watch The Kyle Phoenix Show on Channel 56 (Time Warner), 83 (RCN), 34 (Verizon) and the Thursday/Friday 12am/midnight simulcast on http://kylephoenixsite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment