Friday, February 16, 2018

Kyle Phoenix Answers: What Are Some Facts That Only Rich People Know?

1. 
Faith. In abundance.
That there is plenty to be had, not lack to be fought over.

2. 
Focus of one's mind/Focus on one’s companionship standards in the same fashion.
You may not know how to achieve, what you want to do or who will help you but if you take both Tony Robbins and Erykah Badu's advice, you'll be on track. Choose consciously what goes into your mind. I don't watch tv, I have five to seven streams of passive income and I'm working on more. My coworkers watch a lot of tv, movies, sports, commercials and read daily papers that aren't challenging. Yes, I have Netflix and Hulu, $30 a month because I opted for no commercials and I get to choose what goes into my head.
I’m in media, sell media, learn from media—-trust me my consumption is far less entertainment and more often used for work/teaching. Yes, I can then take the yearly sum as a tax deduction—-most poor people pay cable companies and bitch. I also have a side deal with mine to broadcast my own TV show and use their studios. My relationship—-same companies have a different focus and therefore outcome.
EB suggests choosing friends the way you choose fruit to eat. I have circles of greater and lesser intimacy and I am thoughtful on introducing people or giving recommendations. As a teacher I'm often asked for letters for jobs, courts, schools, etc.. I belong to a networking group that monthly holds events and mixers. I'm an introvert, I normally wouldn't meet so many diverse people. And yes sometimes I'm the only Black one in the room---then people are super nice and friendly to make me comfortable. I rest beforehand, recharge in private and am able to show up fully charged. They also hold private mastermind group meetings, of business owners where you make a presentation and your 11 peers apply their knowledge and experience to your business, then we rotate weekly. Think about that, 11 minds at your money, business, marketing issues with solutions and innovations.
3.
Relationships are evaluated not just fallen into.

Most poor people don't marry rich because rich evaluate value and ability. I have had ltrs and dated a lot (once doing a hundred dates in a year boot camp to improve dating skills) and what I learned is that I consider if a partner is smart enough and has the emotional intelligence to raise my children and potentially inherit my business concerns. Then I look at attractiveness and mutual interests. My values and life priorities come first (pun). If someone falls outside of that parameter I look at can they learn or this is just a fun time. On a new date, I arrive "clear" and listening intently.
Like business. Sales, marketing, industry, fashion. The rich like their work, are fascinated by it, are deeply invested in I even if they have to work a job for survival. Their hobby of love generates income of some sort. I listen to people constantly complaining about work, even if they're just saying hello. Now there might be systemic challenges that you are charged with solving but the most bedraggled go on and on about their intrinsic hate of working. The rich work harder at finding things they don't hate and pour their energy into that.
4.
Work smarter, not harder.

My mother an entrepreneurs advice. She helped me launch businesses as a child, a teen and talked me through the negotiations in college to take over a school magazine for the express purpose of getting to experiment with other peoples money---the university. She also gave me a tax ID number for my 14th birthday.

I learned to never attach the totality of myself to a job. Always to have a side concern going. And to use jobs as learning factories. I've worked at Dreyfuss, Citibank, MetLife, CB Commercial, law firms as a securities litigation paralegal, AIG, Goldman Sachs and each place I asked questions, took notes, got certifications, picked brains---temping/consulting gave me the opportunity to survey through taxes, law insurance, finance and I've worked at Lord & Taylor, Belk's, A&S , WalMart (I realized as a side note, how many of these companies I've bought stock in because I could internally see the upswing coming, most recently was WalMart) I've been directly taught how to pitch/sales, marketing, mass distribution, online sales, now I'm in education and I've cut a swath through nonprofits, doe public schools and universities and private companies.
All of it skills that are transferable , I get those in the trenches to teach me, I transfer the skills to my personal business and get paid to show up to school...i mean work...i mean school...the lines blur for me at a job.
I've also taken both the IRS and H&R Block tax preparation classes, for spring break I went home and my mother had signed me up for a real estate licensing class for the week, I'm all over Coursera, I take detailed notes even in mundane presentations because my time and attention are important and I learn from teachers teaching styles as a teacher.
I realized calculating a computer certification program I was teaching to get 80 students to be able to earn 36k a year. My supervisor then brings me the fabulous idea of since I'm using this Tannenberg camera/super large monitor, they could activate it through out the entire SUNY system to create 34 simultaneous classes at my scheduled 3 classes a day.
Wouldn't that be fantastic?
I said yes but I was worried about the envelope.
She said, what envelope?
I explained that right now you pay me one check for one sites' worth of classes. How you gonna fit 34 more checks into that slim envelope? Because Aunty Oprah calls your idea syndication and for years she's been getting hundreds of checks from affiliates sites for her one "class" everyday.
Silencio.
I then further explained I was already under contract to another company (mine) for my tv show and videos so there would have to be serious negotiations and ownership rights discussed as well.
Silencio.
Rich people know their worth and the value of their work and how much they're willing to trade off.
My class was with approximately $2.9 million in salaried outcomes per class , I was getting 80k but could experiment (and it got me to Columbia) so even if I marked down the transmission 50% to outcome salary and to half of my then class size at each SUNY site it was worth $25 million and I had no residuals or ownership so I could be video taped once, be fired and then my comp tech classes replayed forever.
5.
They avoid lack of control over themselves by learning from others.

I've never done drugs and I didn't drink alcohol until I was 25. About 80% of my family has had drug/alcohol addiction issues. I have had really bad years, heartbreaks, pain, been abused, betrayed, downright mistreated. But at 15 I went with my mother for several years to AA and NA meetings because she had to cut off her whole friend circle to maintain sobriety.
What it did was passively train me to not seek crutches and to instead deal with my shit.
The ugly stuff, the unfair stuff.
Face it.
Deal with it.
I notice most people avoid dealing with pain, I make an effort to charge through it.
6.
Coaches, trainers, therapists and mentors.

The rich get them. Get others to assist them, evaluate them, teach them to be and do better. It's a form of supplication, a high form of I don’t know, help me. When my mother died, for a month, maybe half a dozen times I talked to grief counselors sometimes in the bathroom in the middle of the night. They walked me through loss and grief, taught me what to expect and how to manage it.
Several years ago my business boomed and I made $26k in a week, my previous large check was $12k from assiduous tax management. I went and got a therapist when I couldn't repeat the 26k to unearth any money-poverty issues I may have. I then realized I needed a life coach and a couple of years later paid $1800 for one on a lark when my students didn't show up to his free event. He picked up the baton, taught me directly, I hadn't needed a therapist but a business support system and that my ideas were good. That validation allowed me to prosper immensely.
7.
Time and patience around money.

I notice most people are geared to maybe one to two weeks to create and receive money. Business ownership has taught me to see things in terms of years and repetitive, compound returns. This week I got paid again, as I do every month for work I created in 2013.
Employee time frame is weeks, ownership is elastic. I created the books and videos then and i keep getting paid for them. The formula is then simple---create more stuff like that profitable stuff.
Before in business, I bought, sold, packaged books, cds, DVDs and sold them on Amazon and eBay. It was tedious, time consuming and I still turned a profit but I realized I was a store essentially and had created a job that I owned like a business.
Then I took the Kiyosaki Rich Dad books, a lecture he was at and applied that a true business you can walk away from, it still works and you still get paid. It took years for technology and industry to catch up to me but now that's what I do with books. All those jobs taught me management systems and gave me knowledge that I repackage and sell. I learned about not just royalties but how to massively increase over 10% the writer industry standard. Without all that job training I would not know how to do that as a business.
8.
Knowledge. Knowledge isn't power, the application and manipulation of it is. You have to experiment, you have to fail, you have to read voraciously.

I have about 5000 books in storage . I read 5 books a week because years ago I saw a TV movie with Bea Arthur where she played a sick woman and her doctor said she was remarkable for her abilities and he mentioned she read five books a week. I set that as my goal. I then realized my grandmother was doing it too right on front of me. My only amendment is my reading list is more focused on topics, authors, business, motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment