Sunday, February 28, 2021

Can you run out of ideas if you have written a lot of novels? by #KylePhoenix

 

Not exactly. What happens is your ideas sharpen so the amount of ideas lessens. You start learning a process where you edit, fix or delete ideas better so you don’t pursue unworkable projects—-in many ways you learn how to write more in your head than on paper so you have a stronger outline/first draft.

Writing WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In the past few years I’ve had dreams that have turned into novels—-which is great. Other novels have been from older manuscripts that I turned back to and infused with my maturer creativity. To a third point, I’ve also noticed things and those things have matured into fuller novels.

The above 3 structures of creativity have brought about 40+ fiction novels, 50–75 short stories and another 50+ nonfiction books.

I keep a small notebook by my bedside for notes from dreams that have story/novel potential. There are at least another 20+ ideas for novels in that notebook so far plus a few other ideas drumming around in my conscious mind. There are a few ideas that cross into certain genres that I want to explore.

  • Oddly, I’d like to do a Young Adult/Teen novel.
  • I also have an LGBT murder mystery thought.
  • I have a science fiction novel that I dreamt of and the entire visions were in a greyish blue hue.
  • I think since I’ve covered all the letters so far, I’d like to write a lesbian focused novel.

I know going in that generally my intended projects need to germinate for awhile, for me to “find my way”, in a particular topic/genre.

I’m experimenting with writing a horror novel, Mbube Mbube, right now and I’ve found that I have to go watch horror films to understand the pacing. When I read my first draft—-it was strong characterization but I was thinking there is no horror level foreboding.

I’m writing two novels that focus on, one the street, Street Life (hey, Randy Crawford!) and another on the social issue, Free, of Black men trying to kill their sons that I’ve noted in my own life and in my workshop clients. When I see such a pronounced pattern in so many lives it sticks for me to explore.

I constantly get these developmental steps into stories, novels. I will honestly say that it doesn’t feel like I write a lot but in sum, I do/write about 10 million words a year. About 80% I publish, broadcast in some form and there’s a 20% that sits on a shelf or in a box, awaiting me to grow more in ability and perceptions, to complete.

  • I have a trilogy, Race War: Hated, Hunted, Haunted about to print out in Proof form—-I’ve finally languaged out loud the entirety of the plot so now I can write it. It’s a trilogy that I intend to write each book in a slightly different form/narrative style to encompass the perceptions of race in the masses, the intra-relational and the individual. I had to learn what my scifi kicker element was, which took several back burner simmering of years to suss out.
  • I have two 12 part series, Court of Conscience, a legal thriller and Myriad, a magic/fantasy series. Three of the first books of COC are done, I’ve had it written for awhile and in the editing realizing it was too big and complex of a plot for a single novel. It will be a better work expanded to four 3 book trilogies, summing to 12 books. Then Myriad will do the same.

The above being in stages of further work, gives me several years of work to focus on.

#KylePhoenix

#TheKylePhoenix


Smile, Kyle
KylePhoenixShow@Gmail.com
#KylePhoenix
#TheKylePhoenixShow
Kyle Phoenix on Facebook and Twitter

The Kyle Phoenix Show LIVE STREAMING on MNN.org 1130pm, Spectrum Cable Manhattan, NY Channel 56 & 1996, also FIOS 34 and RCN 83. 

www.kyle-phoenix.com

Smile, Kyle
KylePhoenixShow@Gmail.com
#KylePhoenix



You can Like or; Follow Us on Facebook or;Twitter

Or Click Below to:
·                     Kyle Phoenix Website
·                     The Kyle Phoenix Blog
·                     Check out Kyle Phoenix Products on Amazon .com



 Don't forget to watch The Kyle Phoenix Show LIVESTREAM on Channel 56 (Time Warner), 83 (RCN), 34 (Verizon) Thursdays 1130pm

Kyle Phoenix is a teacher, certified adult educator, sexologist, sex coach and sexuality educator with over two decades of intensive experience. He studied at the University at Buffalo, SUNY, New York University, and Columbia University. He has worked, consulted and taught individuals and focused professional developments for the CDC, Department of Education, Gay Men's Health Crisis, New York City Department of Health, non-profits, Fortune 500 companies and unions. He began his career facilitating on-campus workshops addressing a wide range of sexuality and sexual health issues and then moved on to teaching at universities, non-profits, private groups and clients, hosting The Kyle Phoenix Show on television and multiple online webinars, including YouTube and Sclipo and writing extensively through his blog, Special Reports, articles and other print and E books in the Kyle Phoenix Series on relationships, finance, education, spirituality and culture. He lives in New York with his family.


www.kylephoenix.com


Smile, Kyle
KylePhoenixShow@Gmail.com

#KylePhoenix
#TheKylePhoenixShow


No comments:

Post a Comment