Sunday, July 8, 2018

Kyle Phoenix Answers: Can you describe an entrepreneur approach in your field?

1119049709
Dr. Stephen Brookfield gave me excellent mentoring advice of first consulting and how to navigate that. I did it first on my own /through Columbia then with a couple of private firms. I was able to jump into projects and get easily paid because I had a tax ID number and a sole proprietorship set up.

Then while preparing for a sabbatical Brookfield said it was time to write. That my deathbed vigil with a parent was identical to his years before and I could get a tremendous amount of writing done. I did.

Prior to that I'd started a tv show, a blog and teaching a variety of workshops when SUNY/Microsoft offered me broadcasting to 37 campuses around the state from the nonprofit I was working at I was able to confront them with the financial metrics of :
1 teacher to 80 students.
Outcome was 80 students could earn $36k after my advanced computer training.
80 x $36k was $2.9 million dollars of value
$2.9 x 37 campuses my classes would be beamed to is $106.5 million in value.
I asked how we were going to fit 37 additional checks into my pay envelope?
And if I was making $80,000 a year x 38 that was over $3 million, was that in the budget?
Auntie Oprah calls that syndication.

I stopped short selling and seeing teaching as a one off vocation of love only and instead as a lucrative business opportunity.

I started creating products straight from my repertoire of classes and workshops. I've had to learn how to put business systems around them but I have created monthly income from close to thirty streams now. All I have to do is increase stream sizes and redirect profits into investments like real estate now.

I also license out curriculum design work, per school, per year along a software licensing format.
What I've learned is all these streams are long term revenue streams, decades. Intellectual property though is eternal through at least 125 years, my great grandchildren, that's a fantastic legacy.

What its taken is a willingness to learn publishing, business management, business systems, domestic and foreign currency accounting and exchange (yes, I'm actually affected by Brexit! LOL), design, teaching techniques, video, film, production skills---about 10 years of majoring in every area to understand and test out starting a division. 2017 was about integration of it all to one networked system in a strict guided format, I'm only two thirds done but my work is more focused now.

I used to fiend to get In front of a class, I was a teaching whore trying to gain as much experience in as many diverse subjects and schools/projects as possible, now I'm more selective because I know qualitatively and quantitatively what my work is worth.

The struggle to shift accountability in the teachers union Is the Employee vs Entrepreneur mindset simply narrowly quantified. Once teachers though understand their value, watch it. I expect in 50 years teaching will be done by incorporated individuals making millions.

Smile, Kyle
KylePhoenixShow@Gmail.com




You can Like or; Follow Us on Facebook or;Twitter

Or Click Below to:
·                     Kyle Phoenix Website
·                     The Kyle Phoenix Blog
·                     Check out Kyle Phoenix Products on Amazon .com

·                     Email: KylePhoenixShow@Gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment