Saturday, June 30, 2018

Kyle Phoenix Answers: What do you wish you knew beforehand that could have helped you succeed faster when starting your own business (marketing/customer acquisition/legal, etc.)?

I wish I had understood how I was constructing systems into essentially departments/divisions and built from that way. Seven to Nine divisions of a company, marketing, production, finances, etc.. I built and then had to label and move task, goals, resources and relationships into banners of divisions. luckily it wasn’t too far along so I could stop and amend.
I also wish I’d had a more expansive sense of what I would have after 3 years, after 5 so that I would have had then a better idea of what I’m looking to possess and have created for 7, 10, 15, 20, 25. I sort of built one thing a little bit and then it meant building another thing a little bit and then a third so that I had several piles/creations that now after 3–8 years I have to go back and network now.
I have insanely begun a visual project to designate :
  • shuttle crafts,
  • runabouts,
  • starships,
  • space stations,
  • planets,
  • solar systems,
  • new galaxies.
So I demark products, services, divisions by size and hierarchy or networkability. It seems silly but for instance this Quora answer is a shuttle craft, I will transfer it over to my blog and add networkability to the greater systems upgrading it to a runabout if it possess certain features. A book, depending on the type might be a runabout or a starship because it can back network and lead to a smaller book, eBooks and blogs. Then Publishing is it’s own space station until it becomes it’s own planet, then the space station would be specified to fiction, non-fiction, educational. Being able to directly label what something is simplifies the whole thing because now I know what it is, will be, could be and how it’s information and revenue should be recorded and handled.
I wish I’d created more products at once, linked them then time released them to the market. Initially I thought up something, made it up and then thought up something and worked it, thought up a third thing and a fourth and a fifth and released number 2 and 4, then thought up a 5–18 and released hodge podge. I’m sort of catching up to myself, reevaluating ideas. Now I have a written out process for evrrrrrrrrrrything. It’s like being a chef and owner of a restaurant, I have to detail out my recipes because I’m more effective that way.
I would say that over time I have discovered what I needed to know about a year or two before I could implement it. That’s been a nice goal posting strategy but if I’d done it fro the first couple of years I think I would be farther along.
Michel Gerbers’ E-Myth Mastery: The Seven Essential Disciplines for Building a World-Class Company talks about being a Technician, Manager or Visionary. I went from Visionary to Technician in the first year and did a lot of Technician work. Then I would intermittently stop and be a Visionary, then two years ago I had to do a lot of Managerial catch up and organizing.
I have a letter that I wrote a friend about 15 years ago where I outlined this whole thing—Visionary. I can’t find it.
I wish though I’d spent a solid year just detailing out the whole thing. I let being a technician, a media producer and writer consume me for a couple of years.
Would’ve been nice to know before I had a thousand items to evergreen, Now I design shuttle crafts to BECOME runabouts.
Before I was just making lots of ships without clear designations from their relative abilities. That’s slowed me down, where work I enjoy, products I love become tedious to face day after day. I see how without clear systems you become bored, you lose your zest for work that is so passionate. The passion comes from the Vision first then Technician and Manager. I was all passionate about being a creator-Technician at first that I nearly burned myself out in my work.

Smile, Kyle
KylePhoenixShow@Gmail.com




You can Like or; Follow Us on Facebook or;Twitter

Or Click Below to:
·                     Kyle Phoenix Website
·                     The Kyle Phoenix Blog
·                     Check out Kyle Phoenix Products on Amazon .com

·                     Email: KylePhoenixShow@Gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment