Monday, October 29, 2018

Do you fill out fictional character profiles, or do you simply write? Answered by Kyle Phoenix


Kyle Phoenix
Kyle Phoenix, Writer and student & Instructor at Columbia University

My high school mentor Mrs. Debbie Freeman gave us character questionnaires and I did maybe a half dozen characters that way but I haven't in 20 years. Now I freehand it and paint in characters more and more in successive drafts. Each time I add pr deepen a tick, find new stroke. There was a character I've written for years that always felt tight, conservative, repressed and finally I found her resistance was that the love interest was like her ex and she had an abortion. That was a mind-boggling addition to her character then I started toying with her not choosing between two men but choosing them both. Polyamory. Then I had to question the males relationship friendship or more. Those two things weren't in the original character interviews years ago. But it's added a freshness, a depth to the three and therefore the series.
But I'm somewhere in 12 drafts Land so I know them sickeningly backwards and forwards by the double digit drafts. I think I would find questions to a framework weird, stultifying now.

www.kylephoenix.com

Smile, Kyle
KylePhoenixShow@Gmail.com
#KylePhoenix
Kyle Phoenix Answers



You can Like or; Follow Us on Facebook or;Twitter

Or Click Below to:
·                     Kyle Phoenix Website
·                     The Kyle Phoenix Blog
·                     Check out Kyle Phoenix Products on Amazon .com


No comments:

Post a Comment