Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Is there any evidence that say drawing activity can motivate students in writing?

Kyle Phoenix
Kyle Phoenix, Writer and student & Instructor at Columbia University
My banana was long, thick and yellow. I was writing a lot of erotica then. Allude away.....
Junior year undergrad, I was writing an average of 1000 pages per semester for writing classes, chapbooks, magazine, campus newspapers, submitting around the country and submitting a manuscript that eventually became Escapades Vol 1.
My mother thought I could use a break so she sent me a full art-painting set up. She got my address wrong, sent it to Elm instead of Elmwood (a year later I moved to Elmer, I kid you not) but Buffalo is just basic enough that I walked fifteen blocks and retrieved It from the antique shop on Elm it had landed in. The surprise was sprung but I got a kick out of painting.
Besides the banana pic I painted a woman turning in bed, ass in full glory, single breast mountainous. I still have it. It was so good I was stunned.
Last year I bought some coloring books on a lark while in this big warehouse store and I have graduated to adult books but regularly enjoy simple ones with my pencils and crayons. It almost numbs my mind, it makes it feel like its encased. Like an internally generated drug of calm, focus and unified connection, very similar to writing.
www.kylephoenix.com

Smile, Kyle
KylePhoenixShow@Gmail.com
#KylePhoenix
Kyle Phoenix Answers



You can Like or; Follow Us on Facebook or;Twitter

Or Click Below to:
·                     Kyle Phoenix Website
·                     The Kyle Phoenix Blog
·                     Check out Kyle Phoenix Products on Amazon .com


No comments:

Post a Comment