Sunday, October 28, 2018

How do you know if you’re a genius or just average without relying on tests? Kyle Phoenix Answers

This question previously had details. They are now in a comment.
Kyle Phoenix
Kyle Phoenix, Writer and student & Instructor at Columbia University
You find reality tedious. Interesting but still rather hohum. Think of it like a rainy day with bursts of sunshine. The work, creativity, innovation and inventiveness of others keeps me engaged with life. The grand thinking/creations of others are like light houses to me. I suspect it's why highly intelligent people enshroud themselves into other highly intelligent people. I have Toni Morrison at least half a dozen times for each book, I teach Song of Solomon from memory; I love Sophocles, Shakespeare and Raymond Carver. I like Tony Robbins the more I've engaged his products over the years and cried at his Netflix film, I Am Not Your Guru because I use some of the same teaching and administrative techniques ----validation because I'm often perceived as out there.
I honestly, profoundly miss Prince because there aren't many people who I can relate to at his level of musical myriadical ability similar to my writing. I wanted to have discussions with him about how he heard sound, did he see music, was the whole band at a level of awareness in his head, how often did he dream music (he mentioned this once to a sound engineer), how would he teach music, so many questions. The same for Coltrane. For Katherine Dunham I want to know how one designs a dance piece. Edith head, how do you see fabric, feel it? Basquiat the layering of content. How does Oprah see talent, a solid project.
The tedium comes into play in banal conversations that are binary about presidents and race and war? Really? We're stuck there, still? I find amazing that sex is the same after tens of thousands of years and we're still awash with form and social hangups.
The Queen, the Pope, don’t those tropes seem insane?
The fact that I seek complexity so obsessively , the way I can hear the layers of not knowing and have learned to assuage my own replies so not to offend because I realize I am witnessing limitation of thinking, of motivation, of curiosity and constantly feeling that, experiencing that, I have come to understand that it is my creative differs in manifestations that fall under exuberant definitions but are really just being a bird that can fly surrounded by many who can't, don't, won't.


www.kylephoenix.com

Smile, Kyle
KylePhoenixShow@Gmail.com
#KylePhoenix
Kyle Phoenix Answers



You can Like or; Follow Us on Facebook or;Twitter

Or Click Below to:
·                     Kyle Phoenix Website
·                     The Kyle Phoenix Blog
·                     Check out Kyle Phoenix Products on Amazon .com


No comments:

Post a Comment