Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Kyle Phoenix Answers: What is the mindset of high achievers? What is the mindset of a great scientist? What is the mindset of a member of a military special force? What is the mindset of a member of an entrepreneur? What is the mindset of a member of a CEO?



I think high achievers are at war or perhaps competition or perhaps in love with filling the empty space.

I was running late today so I didn't get a chance to stop at the tv studio to work on my tv show nor the subsidiary videos attached. I've done close to 300 episodes, about 7 years worth of a weekly show. On the train seeing that getting from one state to another wasn't going to happen to give me time for a third appointment afterwards, I felt that I might feel empty at not getting the work done.
Last night I did a whole development meeting for creating multiple schools, converting a large telescript to PowerPoint, finished a monthly newsletter and now I'm handwriting two books, their revisions, fiction and non-fiction in longhand, I write first then type. A third novel in its 12 draft in book form, I'm rewriting pieces based on advice from Elmore Leonard. All manuscripts I work through 12 iterations of.
I late completed an online course by a few days, 7 more classes to go.
0345472322Came to work.
Because on my days off I didn't do more added to what I've done, I'm concerned I'm wasting time.

Mindset By Carol S. Dweck is a fantastic way to measure, analyze and expand your abilities and mindset.
High achievers have a project list of interests, work, projects and we aim to tackle them all. And we do.

What I've noticed about low achievers is they have the same list but dont work out systems, seek mentors, read books to achieve or find answers and strategies to improve their performance.
I do more and get more done because I focus more on what I both enjoy and find challenging but also I dont grouse and bitch and moan about the mundane. I also see getting the time in...I'll get 20-40 hours writing and editing time in this week some on the train, some at work, etc but ill low average 20 hours this week. Last week I got two books into turnaround to be printed, I just try to bundle orders to six paperback proof copies in a shipment..
High achievers think in terms of the outcome not simply the work, I'm already marketing the books that aren't for sale.
High achievers also welcome or expect and therefore manage feedback as natural not attacking.
I've also noticed racially and perhaps this applies to sex/gender I am aware of discrimination but I almost don't think it applies to me. A lot of black people psych themselves out with white people that aren't even present. But what I've noticed is it's like 1000 psych themselves out for 1100 positions so that leaves 100 slots so you're really never competing with as many as you would think. It's the winnowing that makes it seem like more but really its less, it's just crowded tightly.
High achievers I think focus on winning in a different paradigm, multidimensional. Win, lose, understand, figure out, play, experience, fix, combine but not binary win or lose.
I plan my time against my life expectancy rather than some day. So I figure the last ten years of my life will be less output, more downtime based on age so I look at what I can achieve for the next handful of decades.
2017, I have 100 plus books published.
2020 I can get to 500 plus.
2030 music and film done, learning, creating.
So I'm generally sitting outlining a sense of the next 10-20 years.
High achievers don't simply valuate time but align to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment