Thursday, March 29, 2018

Kyle Phoenix Answers: What if your parents dont accept your real sexuality?




Stop trying to have sex with your parents.
Joking.
But on more serious note, I learned to create boundaries that included living my own life. I refused to answer questions like a lab rat, specimen and I mentioned partners or dating normally. But here's the kicker, bigotry is not welcome in my home. Dont come over. Get a hotel room. I will attend every family function, in fact until they matured I was only available for funerals.
If you go out into the world and create your own identity and life and family, send pictures on holiday cards, hopefully your parents will mature.
You have to be ruthless with bigots and refuse them mental property rights. Make it clear that they can be replaced and show them their replacements. I had mentoring professors and older friends, male and female, that I made clear were parenting me as an adult.
Parents need you more as they age then you will them. I made it perfectly clear in houses and terminal hospital rooms, I will not tolerate your shit. Shape up or die alone.
They shaped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment